Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Megan's back home

Hey! This is Megan! I am writing to tell you that I am back home safely. I can't figure out for the life of me how to post a comment so I'm hacking in the only way I know :) Bwoohahaha!

My trip home yesterday as great--only one minor goof in the Port airport but I handled it with my mad French skills. (Actually I bribed a red cap. It wasn't hard).  Anyway, on the flight to JFK I sat next to a Haitian American man with whom I conversed the entire flight home. He's 40 and has lived in NJ since he was 20. He came back to visit his mom for the first time after January 12th.  Do you know where she lives?  NEXT DOOR TO OUR SCHOOL!  It was unbelievable. If the world isn't small, and God isn't good, then I never writ, nor no man has ever loved. (Bard fans--only part of that is original--but the copyright is probly expired so I'm not worried).

At JFK I found a Life is Good shop and bought myself a souvenir: a shirt with a stick guy carrying a Haitian flag saying 'Optimism Has No Borders', which I intend to change to "L'Amour Jesu has no borders"--The love of Jesus has no borders. Dinecia--help me out with the Kryol spelling, eh?  Before I mess it up on my shirt.

Also at JFK I had the best smoothie ever.  On the flight back to the Roc I sat next to a teen from a group of highschoolers from Roc who had just taken a for fun trip to MUnich, Prague, and Berlin. He was a very nice kid--smart as all get out. He was born and raised Unitarian Univeralist and is now sort of a deist.  He asked 'So what do Free Methodists believe?" (Are you kidding??) So I shared part of my story of salvation and we wnet back and forth discussing the mysteries of the universe.  He wants to join the peace corps and do something in Italy at some point.  I said "Hey--I'll tell you what you should do--make your life's work keeping Venice from sinking!  Then I'll personally fund your work!" We had a wonderful conversation.  I hope I meet him again.  God is good.

For my team--You guys rock! I cried this morning when I woke up. Though I am joyful and thankful to be back with my family, I am experiencing a great and distracting loss being away from my beloved team, and the land that will now and always be fused into my heart. (Like a weld)!  PB, fantastic job on the blog.  I will read them each day with baited breath.  And I will pray for you without ceasing until we are all home.
Haiti forever!
love, Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment